Friends of the Norwood Public Library
President: Rose Orologio
Treasurer: Maureen Triolo
Secretary: Kelly Lustyik
The Friends operate our Friendly Bookstore, open whenever the library is open. They also run three bag sales a year in spring, fall, and winter.
Funds raised by the Friends go toward
- Our Keurig and water cooler
- The Adirondack Museum lending pass
- My Book Bag, a book giveaway to Norwood Head Start
- Library programs and services, like our annual 4th of July parade float and our summer book giveaways
What else do our Friends do?
- Monthly book club (1st Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm)
- Monthly bookmobile to Baldwin Acres (3rd Saturday of the month from (9:00-10:30am in the Baldwin Acres community room)
To donate or volunteer with the Friends, come to a meeting. Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm in the library
The library accepts used books, CDs, and DVDs in good condition. Most donations benefit our Friendly Bookstore, which raises money for library programs and services. The Director is responsible for evaluating all donations to determine the best use. If you have questions about donating materials to the library, please call 353-6692.
We can't do it all alone! Our volunteers help with programs, gardening, and all kinds of special projects. The Library Outreach Committee meets the 4th Friday of the month at 1:30 pm, or, if committees aren't your style, you can volunteer with us solo. We're always looking for talented, creative people to help us serve the Norwood community. Contact the Director at 353-6692 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in and say hi!