Attention: The Call for Bids has been extended
Construction Bids for Interior Renovation of the Norwood Public Library
Date: August 16, 2019
Bids Due: 5:00 pm, September 19, 2019 Extended: TBA
1. General Information
Norwood Public Library is accepting bids for an interior renovation project. The Library plans to relocate the public computers, create a new teen area, remove existing shelving, replace and level flooring, fix damaged walls, and install LED lighting in the community room. The goal of this interior renovation is to update the library to suit patron needs while making the best use of existing space.
RFP issued and posted: August 16, 2019
Bids due: 5:00 pm, September 19, 2019
Award of contract: September 26, 2019
November 1, 2019. TBA
Estimated completion date: February 1, 2020
Bids are to be submitted to Amanda Jones by mail (1 Morton Street, Norwood NY 13368) or email (email@example.com)
by 5:00 pm on September 19, 2019. Please direct questions to Amanda Jones by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Norwood Public Library assumes no liability for payment of expenses incurred by contractors in the preparation of proposals in response to this invitation.
2. Project Funding
Norwood Public Library will carry out the terms and conditions of an awarded contract. New York State Construction grant funds provide the majority of project funding.
3. Proposal Preparation
Contractors must be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances of the Village of Norwood, Town of Potsdam, the State of New York, and the United States.
Submission Information and Documents
The following information shall be included: Name of company, address, telephone number, email address, and contact person’s name. The contractor awarded must submit a completed and signed IRS Form W9 to Norwood Public Library before contract begins. The contractor shall provide proof of appropriate commercial general liability and workers compensation insurance.
Withdrawal of Bids
Bids may be withdrawn at any time prior to the proposal due date and time as identified herein.
4. Scope of Work
Norwood Public Library is seeking to employ a qualified contractor to complete interior renovations at the Library building located at 1 Morton Street, Norwood NY 13668. The project will include:
- Removal of nonfunctioning electric heaters, shelving, flooring.
- Refinishing of sheetrock as needed and painting main reading room walls.
- Replacement of main reading room flooring and community room flooring. Include estimate of options for commercial grade hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and granite flooring. Gross Floor Area for entire building: 3,288 sq. ft.
- Replacement of community room light fixtures with LED light fixtures.
- Replacement of office and book sale room flooring, including refinishing and leveling of concrete slab.
- Relocating computer area and installing five computer port.
5. Proposal/Bid Requirements
- Include an itemized estimate of materials and labor. Please note that Norwood Public Library is required to pay prevailing wages.
- Include contractor name and contact information.
- Describe how you expect to be compensated for services rendered to the Norwood Public Library.
- Sign and date submitted bid.
6. Evaluation and Selection
Norwood Public Library is accepting open competitive bids. Norwood Public Library is not required accept to the lowest bid; however, the Library will accept the bid that represents the best value for the Norwood Public Library. Cost and ability to work within the project timeline will factor into selection of the bid. The Board of Trustees will review submitted proposals by the submission deadline.
Dated: August 15, 2019
Norwood Public Library Board of Trustees